Last year I made a goal to finish more games, and I did. Then I said my goal for 2018 was to stream more. Which I didn’t. 🙁
I also said my goal was to pay off as much as I could of my student loans. Which I also didn’t.
But I also didn’t fail. I just didn’t meet my goals, that’s different.
What I did do was stream when I could. When I had time, was at home, and had the mental health to do so. Which may not have been as much as I wanted to, but it was what I *could* do, and that’s much more important.
I didn’t pay off my student loan, but I did work my butt off all year to get as close as I could to it. Working overtime, taking on commissions, selling at TwitchCon, stocking my Etsy store with actual physical items for once, and WRITING A BOOK.
But dangit, I put a pretty good dent in that debt. And after taxes and book royalties I should be able to manage it next year.
In the meantime, I also accomplished a lot this year.
- Over 250 Cross Stitch projects. (Granted a lot of those were small, like the 70 crops magnets I made)
- Still managed to make a decent chunk of that NOT Stardew, including working on more original designs.
- Wrote a cross stitch book. I did all the instructions, patterns, stitched all the examples, and photographed everything.
- I got to work with Kari Fry and Ryan Novak, who helped put everything together and make the book a reality. I couldn’t have done it without them.
- I bought or was given 30 games this year, and managed to beat HALF of them!
- I beat 38 games total this year, and 100%ed 15 of those. So I still managed to put a small dent in my backlog.